Courageous Fighters – Mesothelioma
Bill Caughie thought nothing of being exposed to asbestos when he worked in a shipyard in the 1980s. Asbestos was very common and widely used in construction because it was cheap and was a very effective fire retardant. At its peak in the 1970s and 80s, it was used for everything from insulation to fire blankets to toilet seats. It was also a deadly substance that caused widespread illness and suffering.
Forty years after he was exposed to asbestos at work, Bill was diagnosed with Mesothelioma Pleural, an aggressive and deadly form of cancer.
Medical Stories is produced by Inventi Media Group, LLC, a fully integrated multimedia entertainment company and are leading the way in the creation, production, distribution, and marketing of all forms of digital media content.